Accelerating African Industrialization Through the Application of Kaizen and Creating Decent Work
- 2022/8/24 (Wed)17:00-18:30（JST）
- KAIZEN, Industrialization
- Type of Event
- Online Webinar
- African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD)
The benefits of implementing Kaizen/QPI to improve the productivity of industries in Africa were recognized as early as at the 6th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) held in Nairobi in 2016. Following this high-level recognition, an agreement known as the Africa Kaizen Initiative (AKI) was made between JICA and AUDA-NEPAD in April 2017, sealing a commitment to cooperate in the dissemination of Kaizen in Africa for 10 years (2017-2027). The main purpose of AKI is to accelerate African industrialization by enhancing quality and productivity and creating decent work and employment opportunities. At the halfway point in the initiative, it could also help to reaffirm that the Kaizen/QPI approach is still strong and useful to promote industrialization and decent job creation within the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) framework and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How can we underscore the implementation of AKI and its impact and enhance its implementation?
- How can Kaizen accelerate African industrialization, develop African firms' global competitiveness, and create decent jobs?
- What is the role of AKI in contributing to the realization of AfCFTA’s mission?
1) To create a common understanding among countries regarding the current status of AKI and devise strategies to enhance AKI implementation by supporting African ownership
2) To review Kaizen in order to accelerate African industrialization and develop firm global competitiveness and decent jobs
3) To establish a clear understanding among the Member States on the role of AKI in order to contribute to the realization of AfCFTA's mission
- Ms. Nardos Bekele Thomas
- CEO, AUDA-NEPAD
- Mme. Neila Nouira Gonji
- Minister of Industry Mines and Energy, Republic of Tunisia
- H.E. Mr. Achille Bassilekin III
- Minister of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicraft, Republic of Cameroon
- Hon. Soomilduth Bholah
- Minister of Industrial Development, SMEs and Cooperatives, Republic of Mauritius
- Mr. Getahun Tadesse Mekonen
- Principal Kaizen Consultant
- Mr. Kossi Toulassi
- Head, Industrialization Division, AUDA-NEPAD
- Mr. Khaled Daami
- General Manager, Eleonetech (2020 Africa Kaizen Award winner, Tunisian company)
- Mr. Asnake Gudisa Gonfa
- Managing Director, Kaizen Excellence Center
- Prof. OHNO Izumi
- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Mr. HOMMA Toru
- Senior Advisor (Private Sector Development: Investment, Trade & Industry), JICA
- Ms. IMOTO Sachiko
- Senior Vice President, JICA
*The deadline for registration is 17:00, Tuesday, August 23 (Japan time).