Toward (Schooling and) Learning for All Children in Africa Through Community-Wide Collaboration
- 2022/8/25 (Thu)19:30-21:00（JST）
- Type of Event
- Online Webinar
- World Bank/UNICEF/Pratham/Association for the Development of Education in Africa（ADEA)
Despite significant improvements in school attendance in recent years, in some countries and regions, quality learning, or even schooling, is far from the norm. To develop children's potential through learning and build a prosperous society, all local stakeholders, including parents, teachers, and local communities, need to build trust among themselves and work in collaboration to support children's learning and growth. JICA has supported the developme nt of such a cooperative relationship between local communities and schools to solve various educational issues through projects known as “School for All” in several African countries since its initial launch in Niger in 2003. JICA aims to further mainstream the community-wide collaboration approach to education improvement by strengthening cooperation with development partners.
- What lessons have we learned from experiencing and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic as a learning crisis?
- What are the good practices or effective approaches to improving the quality of children’s learning, with a focus on community-wide collaboration?
- What policies and interventions do African governments need?
- To discuss the essential actions to be taken by the governments of African countries in order to improve the quality of the educational environment, with a focus on community-wide collaboration
- To discuss the roles of various stakeholders including African governments (central and local), the private sector, civil society, regional organizations, and international partners in supporting children’s learning
- To discuss cooperative actions to be taken in order to accelerate the improvement of children’s learning, with a focus on community-wide collaboration
- Mr. SAKUMA Jun
- Director General, Human Development Department, JICA
- Ms. RATSIMISETRA Felamboahangy
- Secretary General, Ministry of Education of Madagascar
- Mr. ASSANE HAMZA
- Deputy Secretary General, Ministry of National Education of Niger
- Ms. Meskerem Mulatu
- Advisor, Africa Human Development, World Bank
- Dr. SHIBUYA Tomoko
- Education Chief, UNICEF Mozambique
- Ms.Devyani Pershad
- Head of International Collaborations, Pratham
- Mr. HARA Masahiro
- JICA School for ALl Project expert, Asuka World Consultants
- Dr.KAYASHIMA Nobuko
- Senior Research Advisor, JICA Ogata Sadako Research Institute for Peace and Development
- Mr. Shem Bodo Okore
- Senior Programs Officer, ADEA
*The deadline for registration is 17:00, Wednesday, August 24 (Japan time).