Promoting Home-Grown Solutions in Africa
- 2022/8/26 (Fri)17:00-18:30（JST）
- Private Sector
- Type of Event
- Online Webinar
- African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD)/Boston Consulting Group (BCG)/Villgro Africa
The COVID-19 crisis highlighted an overwhelming reliance on imports, especially for critical medical supplies. At the same time, a number of emerging African companies have started to provide local products and services with a high level innovation and adaptation. These home-grown solutions (HGS) have the potential to address economic and social challenges and strengthen Africa's resilience.
Currently, many of these promising African companies face challenges regarding scaling their operations and the overall impact.To address this situation, various platforms, programs, and schemes to support private companies that tackle social issues are being developed.
- What are the major obstacles that HGS companies face in expanding their businesses?
- How can the public/private sector contribute to promoting HGSs?
- What are some effective methods to encourage engagement by and cooperation within important actors in the field (e.g., government, international organizations, investors, etc.)?
To discuss the importance of and strategies for promoting Africa's home-grown solutions from the perspective of both the public and private sector, especially regarding approaches to mobilizing resources and attracting investment.
- Dr. Ibrahim Assane Mayaki
- Former CEO, AUDA-NEPAD
- Mr. KATO Ryuichi
- Vice President, JICA
- Mr. IWAMA Hajime
- Chief Representative, JICA Kenya Office
- Mr. George Murumba
- Project Lead, AUDA-NEPAD
- Mr. OIKAWA Takeshi
- Managing Director ＆Partner, BCG Nairobi Office
- Mr. Wilfred Njagi
- Co-founder & CEO, Villgro Africa
- Mr. Tope Adegun
- Partner, AXA Investment Managers
- Mr. HANDA Shigeru
- Partner, AAIC Investment
- Dr. Daphne Ngunjiri
- CEO, Access Afya
- Ms. Krupali Shah
- Technical Director, Revital Healthcare (EPZ) Ltd
- Mr. Oluwasoga Oni
- CEO & Founder, Mdaas Global
- Mr. Amr AboDraiaa
- Co-Founder & CEO, Rology
*The deadline for registration is 17:00, Thursday, August 25 (Japan time).